First, a big Thank You! to all the volunteers that donated many hours decorating the post for Christmas. It was outstanding and got us right into the mood and so many compliments are still being made.
Some things you may have missed in the past month:
- On Dec. 8th, we had our District meeting with many Department visitors and other excellent meal from our canteen staff.
- Dec. 17th was Operation Homefront at Victory Terrace Housing where we set up and distributed toys for over 100 active duty military children.
- Dec. 18th was our Senior Christmas Luncheon Party with the Auxiliary, Oak Harbor Lions and Adjutant Mark Johnson and family serving up a delicious meal. Thanks to Santa and helpers (Rick and Amy Hannold) for putting smiles on so many faces and making Christmas special.
- Dec. 20th, we had our Post Christmas party and white elephant. Some well deserved bonus checks were handed out, some great comradeship and laughter.
- Dec. 22nd, Auxiliary Junior Vice, Diana Hammond, worked very hard preparing for the Children's Christmas party and dressing up as Mrs. Claus. Christmas baskets were distributed in the morning. Thanks to Jim Meany and all volunteers that made this happen. Thank you Whidbey Cruisers for donating a Christmas tree to be given out to a family. This year the tree went to a family with three children and they were so thankful.
Events coming up in January:
- January 17-18 is our Mid-Winter Convention in Yakima. I hope you consider attending to keep current of all that is happening throughout our organization.
Thanks for all you do for our post, fellow comrades and their families.