In accordance with Island County's approval to enter Phase 2 of the Washington State "Safe Start" program, the VFW canteen is re-opening, with the following guidance (click below for details):
VFW Post 7392 supports both the National and Department of Washington student essay programs and National Teacher of the Year Program, as we are dedicated to promoting patriotism and investing in our future generation.
COVID-19 Update "Safe Start" Phase 2
In accordance with Island County's approval to enter Phase 2 of the Washington State "Safe Start" program, the VFW canteen is re-opening, with the following guidance:
- Canteen Hours: 1100-1900 Tuesday-Saturday
- We have installed hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the facility, including the entrance, bathrooms, DAV, and throughout the canteen.
- 50% capacity with occupied tables 6 feet apart. Tables may not be moved together.
- Table capacity limited to 5 people or less per table.
- We are initially offering a limited menu. Prime Rib Night, Weekly Specials, etc., are on hold for now.
- We are providing single use menus and utensils
- No bar seating nor ordering at the bar.
- Staff will take food and drink orders at your table. Only one staff member will serve a table.
- Staff members are required to wear face masks, and members and guests are highly encouraged to wear masks when not eating or drinking.
- We are monitoring the health of our staff members; any staff member who looks or feels sick will stay home
- We are sanitizing the canteen space on an aggressive schedule, including tables, chairs, bathrooms and commonly touched surfaces, condiments, etc.
- Most of our special events are still on hold.
If you require assistance from the VFW, and the building is not open, contact the following people (if someone doesn’t answer please leave a message):
- Canteen issues: Megan Collins/Kevin Collins 360-720-6943/360-672-5338
- Post Access: Perry Taylor/Mark Johnson 360-969-2467/360-440-3333
- Service Officer: Chuck Bond 360-720-4401
- Chaplain: Wes Wilson 360-675-6423
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.
You were not alone over there. You are not alone now. There are 20
million veterans who would give their lives for you. Please don't take
The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Veterans of Foreign Wars is proud to announce SSG Jonathan Dozier Memorial Post 2894 in Chesapeake, Virgini...